Senior Forensic Engineer - Kansas City, Mo. - March 07, 2012
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc., an international leader in building design and performance, seeks an experienced Senior Structural/Forensic Engineer for its Kansas City office. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in the field of Technical Structural/Forensic Engineering.
• Efficiently manage design projects and investigations cases.
• Maintain client confidence and relationships leading to repeat business.
• Independently develop new clients and obtain projects from new clients.
• Publish technical articles and give presentations.
• Independently develop and maintain stature in the industry.
• Working with attorneys in litigation cases to offer technical support.
• Masters or Ph.D. in Civil / Structural Engineering.
• Professional Engineering License.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Technical excellence.
• Familiarity with ASCE, BOCA and UBC Codes.
Recent structural design and forensic engineering/investigations experience in the following areas preferred:
• Structural design of buildings, utilizing materials such as: structural steel, cast-in-place and precast P/T concrete, timber and composite materials associated with both high rise and low rise construction.
• Wind provisions of ASCE-7 and seismic provisions of UBC and NEHRP.
• Commercial software utilized in structural analysis and with finite element method of analysis of structures.
• Investigation of existing building structures with problems or failures. Failure analysis and emergency remediation of structures.
• Experience with depositions and court testimony.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Apply to this job
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.